Just a quick little post from me today. One of my Twitter followers requested this one, and even though it doesn’t require any cooking or baking on my part it still looked pretty fun to put together.
Like I said, this isn’t really a proper recipe, but I’ve included some materials and components needed in case you wanted to put one together for yourself. I’ve also included some cat pictures down below because who doesn’t like cat pictures? haha.
Anyway, thanks for the inspiration, Cat Cora!
As always, click ‘Continue Reading,’ and happy cooking! :]
+ Neko Parfait +
|Vanilla Ice Cream||1/2 gallon|
|Green Tea Ice Cream||1 pint|
|Whipped Cream||1 canister|
|Chocolate Sauce||as needed|
|Caramel Sauce||as needed|
|Strawberry Sauce||as needed|
|Gaufrette Cookies (wafer cookies)|
- Flower Vase (or normal sized glass)
- Large Ice Cream Scoop
- Make sure you wash out your flower vase (or whatever vessel you choose) before beginning.
- Hold the vase at an angle and drizzle the strawberry and chocolate sauces along the sides so that they run down the interior of the glass.
- Now, fill it up with the vanilla ice cream. For a flower vase this size, it took about 2/3’s of a half gallon of ice cream! For smaller glasses, it’d only take about two of three scoops though.
- Once the glass is filled, it’s all about garnishing the top! You can refer to the original picture at the top of the post to help you through it, if you’re concerned about accuracy; but that’s basically all there is to it!
And now, the cat pictures. Enjoy! :3
Hey! Thanks for reading all the the way to the end! You’re awesome :D! If you haven’t already and are looking for more nerdy food stuff, consider following me on Twitter, Facebook, tumblr and Instagram. I post a lot of work in progress pictures for the blog as well as some stuff from my real job as a pastry chef. If that sounds like something you’d be into, please check out those links above! Anyway, take care everyone and I’ll see you soon with an all new recipe!